Keyboard shortcut options are not intuitive and hard to find

Post DPack feature requests here.

Moderator: Sergey

Keyboard shortcut options are not intuitive and hard to find

Postby anonymous33 » March 15th, 2010, 3:09 pm

Currently, the names of the keyboard shortcut options for DPack are awefull. E.g. the File Browser is under "Tools.AllFiles" which practically says nothing and could stand for a lot (and can clash easily).

My suggestion: Change the shortcut options to something people can guess, esp. something containing the word "DPack" in it (like all other add-in's do). As example "DPack.FileBrowser.AllFiles" would be an more appropiate name for this.

At a bare minimum, the help page about the features should mention the option under which the shortcut can be changed. (e.g. the page http://www.usysware.com/dpack/FileBrowser.aspx could not only say that Alt-U is the shortcut, but also the corresponding shortcut setting "Tools.AllFiles".
anonymous33
Starting Member

Re: Keyboard shortcut options are not intuitive and hard to find

Postby Sergey » March 15th, 2010, 3:16 pm

Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Re: Keyboard shortcut options are not intuitive and hard to find

Postby Sergey » March 15th, 2010, 8:48 pm

Awful is just a such strong word, which some may find offensive. :shock: Unmanageable, not correctly/conveniently setup - I'd agree with you.

I've actually looked into this a long time ago and didn't find a perfect solution to the problem. So, I left it unchanged. Add-ins seems to be able to fully control command names. Packages on the other hand have their commands tied to the top level menu they are added. So, if I were to change it to "DPack.FileBrowser.AllFiles" for instance, it'd show up as "Tools.DPack.FileBrowser.AllFiles" in the configuration dialog.

Nonetheless, I'll implement the work around for the next version, which should make commands a bit more manageable. Thanks.
Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Return to DPack Wish List