Feature request: Ability to remove collapse solution icon

Post DPack feature requests here.

Moderator: Sergey

Feature request: Ability to remove collapse solution icon

Postby joshnz » January 9th, 2011, 5:35 pm

Hi,

At the top of the solution explorer, DPack places a collapse solution icon. I would like an option to show or hide this icon. I currently do not use it and instead use a different app which has a wider range of "collapse" options that better suit my needs. As such, the DPack icon simply takes valuable real estate on this narrow toolbar.

Thanks
joshnz
Starting Member

Re: Feature request: Ability to remove collapse solution icon

Postby Sergey » January 11th, 2011, 1:28 pm

Hi,

Yeah, a more granular approach to Miscellaneous features management is needed. Right now it's all or nothing kind of deal, ie you either keep all Miscellaneous features enabled or disabled. I've been meaning to improve that for a while now. I'll add it to the queue.

Thanks.
Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Re: Feature request: Ability to remove collapse solution icon

Postby Sergey » February 6th, 2011, 12:40 pm

Haven't had a chance to add UI for this request but I did wired it in and added registry entries to control miscellaneous features availability for the new version 3.0.9.

Currently there are 4 features categorized as miscellaneous ones: 'Collapse All', "Copy/Paste Project References", "Locate In Solution Explorer" and "Close All". You can add these new corresponding registry entries to control these features availability: CollapseAllEnabled, CopyPasteReferencesEnabled, LocateInSolutionExplorerEnabled and CloseAllEnabled respectively. You'll need to add DWORD entries with 1 for enabled and 0 for disabled. Theses entries will need to be added to:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\DPack\Miscellaneous
for VS 2008

and

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\DPack\Miscellaneous
for VS 2010

HTH.
Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Return to DPack Wish List