USysWare File browser excluded folders

Post DPack feature requests here.

Moderator: Sergey

USysWare File browser excluded folders

Postby sergeym » March 5th, 2010, 12:56 pm

Could you please implement a feature to exclude specific folders from the file search?

Thanks.
sergeym

Re: USysWare File browser excluded folders

Postby Sergey » March 5th, 2010, 1:26 pm

I'll add it to the queue. What do you have in mind? I assume you were asking about relative path, right? For relative folder names, like 'source' for instance, It'll be an exact match in the path I assume? How about scenario like this one: 'source\folder1' and 'source\folder2'. Would you expect for all sub-folders to be filtered out as well? Thanks.
Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Postby sergeym » March 5th, 2010, 8:28 pm

Sometimes folders with automatically generated source files are kept in the project workspace. Search on this files is not useful. Thus it would be great to have a feature to completely exclude them from search.

Yes, this is relative to solution folder path. It could be an exact match of folder name. Everything including subfolders must be omited.

Thanks!
sergeym

Postby Sergey » March 10th, 2010, 1:36 am

I've got it implemented for the next beta for you. File Browser is gonna have a new configuration option called 'Folders to ignore', which would support either rooted or relative semicolon separated path.

This is gonna be the last feature going in before GA early next month. From here on it's gonna be mainly testing and bug fixes, provided I actually run into any.

Let me know if you're interested in giving this beta version a try and I'll post a private download link for you. If you do then let me know which VS version you need it for. Thanks.
Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Postby sergeym » March 11th, 2010, 2:17 pm

Thank you, Sergey. I will have a look at this feature.
Please send a link to sergeym11@yahoo.com

I'm on VS 2008 Prof
sergeym

Postby Sergey » March 11th, 2010, 9:59 pm

I thought I'd post the link here instead (don't care if anybody else sees it - it'll be out in a month anyways). Let me know when you've downloaded it and I'll take it down later on.

It's up at:
http://www.usysware.com/files/DPackSetu ... .0.0.1.exe (840Kb)

Please check out the change log. The feature you had requested can be configured from the Tools|Options dialog, DPack|Browsers|File Browser page, 'Folders to ignore' option. Let me know how that works for you.

Thanks.
Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Postby sergeym » March 12th, 2010, 4:30 am

Sergey,
Thank you for this feature, it is very usefull!
Although threre is a problem with projects, sharing the similar file.This file is shown twise for each project in File browser, despite the path is identical. Please see example download/file.php?id=2
I think all such kind of problems could be simply resolved if you would provide 'project check' feature.It is similar to Object bowser>Custom component set>Projects. It would be usefull in both 'File browser' and 'Code Browser'.

Thanks,
Sergey
sergeym

Postby Sergey » March 13th, 2010, 5:16 pm

Yeah, I was actually aware of linked/shared files issue. It was just a low priority one for me. I've revisited it again and am pretty sure it's fixed now. Here's a new beta for you to try:

http://www.usysware.com/files/DPackSetu ... .0.0.2.exe (840Kb)

Let me know how that works for you. Hopefully this is the final beta before GA next month. Thanks.
Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Postby sergeym » March 15th, 2010, 2:21 pm

Thank you, Sergey!
Great tool!
sergeym

Return to DPack Wish List