Feature Request: "Close All" option for open code

Post DPack feature requests here.

Moderator: Sergey

Feature Request: "Close All" option for open code

Postby joshnorton » January 23rd, 2009, 11:05 am

That would be mighty handy, often I find myself right clicking on the VS tab for an open code file and choosing "Close All But This", then clicking the close button in the right-corner for that last file. An extra option in that menu "Close All" would save me so much time.

Thanks,

Josh.
joshnorton

Postby Sergey » January 23rd, 2009, 11:28 am

Agreed. I run into the same annoyance every time as well. Context menu item would be nice to have. Alternatively, you can map a shortcut for VS's Window.CloseAllDocuments command, also accessible from Window menu.

I'll add it for the next version. I may have to provide a registry only configuration parameter to disable it though. A lot of 3rd parties add the same context menu item, R# for instance.
Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Postby joshnorton » January 23rd, 2009, 11:38 am

:) It's funny that, you really would think they'd have added it by now, especially if it's such a demand that you could conflict with other products.
joshnorton

Postby Sergey » January 24th, 2009, 6:08 pm

Done for the next version. 'Close All' will be added right in between 'Close' and 'Close All But This'. Thanks for your suggestions.

I can post a private beta for you if interested. No pressure. :)
Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Postby joshnorton » January 26th, 2009, 4:12 am

Thats awesome, thanks!

I'd be keen for a private beta. What's the chances of me getting a dockable code browser in the same beta too... :)

Josh
joshnorton

Postby Sergey » January 26th, 2009, 7:52 pm

Josh,

joshnorton wrote:I'd be keen for a private beta. What's the chances of me getting a dockable code browser in the same beta too... :)

It's in the feature queue. I could actually knock it down relatively quickly. Unfortunately, this Solution Browser issue is the 1st one in line and it's a huge effort to be honest with you. I'm making little progress on that front so who knows when I'll be able to get to Cod Browser. Sorry.

http://www.usysware.com/files/DPackSetup2008Beta.exe (769Kb)

Let me know if you run into any issues. See change log in the installation folder for the list of changes in this version. Enjoy.
Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Postby joshnorton » February 9th, 2009, 8:52 am

Hi Sergy,

Thanks for the modification, just thought I'd check in with you to let you know that it's working problem free and I'm a big fan. :)

- Josh.
joshnorton

Postby joshnorton » March 5th, 2009, 4:16 am

Hi Sergy,

The beta has expired on my machine... is it possible to get an extension on that?

Regards,

Josh.

[quote="Sergey"]Josh,

[quote="joshnorton"]I'd be keen for a private beta. What's the chances of me getting a dockable code browser in the same beta too... :)
[/quote]

It's in the feature queue. I could actually knock it down relatively quickly. Unfortunately, this Solution Browser issue is the 1st one in line and it's a huge effort to be honest with you. I'm making little progress on that front so who knows when I'll be able to get to Cod Browser. Sorry.

http://www.usysware.com/files/DPackSetup2008Beta.exe (769Kb)

Let me know if you run into any issues. See change log in the installation folder for the list of changes in this version. Enjoy.[/quote]
joshnorton

Postby Sergey » March 5th, 2009, 10:32 am

Hi Josh,

New beta's up (same URL as before). I've actually posted it few days ago. This one is a short lived as well. Unfortunately, it's not near the GA yet so I may have to post another beta refresh when this newly posted one expires.

Thanks.
Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Postby Sergey » March 17th, 2009, 12:32 am

Just as I mentioned in the last messages, I had to post another refresh as the other beta's expired.
Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Postby joshnorton » March 17th, 2009, 3:44 am

Thank you.

[quote="Sergey"]Just as I mentioned in the last messages, I had to post another refresh as the other beta's expired.[/quote]
joshnorton

Return to DPack Wish List