Code Formatter

Post DPack feature requests here.

Moderator: Sergey

Code Formatter

Postby kneighbour » January 21st, 2009, 8:18 am

What Prism REALLY needs is a code formatter. Even the basic inbuilt one does not work with Prism files.

Something like DelforEx that is so useful in Delphi would be invaluable...
Kerry Neighbour
kneighbour
Starting Member

Postby Sergey » January 21st, 2009, 9:46 pm

Hi,

As much as I am grateful for getting new requests, this one I'm afraid just doesn't fit the whole DPack theme. I understand what you're looking for but in VS languages field that DPack targets, Prism is a minor player. I mainly target C# and VB, and C++ to a point. As a former Delphi developer who had moved onto greener pastures, I thought supporting Prism was a cool thing to do at the time.

What you basically asking for, formatting options, is offered by other languages, such as C# for instance, out of the box. So, I don't think it'd be beneficial to the majority of the user base to have the time spent implementing a sizable feature, which would be of no use to them.

I don't wanna sound negative. I'm just being honest with you. I do appreciate you taking time to post your request. And don't hesitate to post again if you run into any issues with DPack and Prism integration. Thanks.
Last edited by Sergey on January 22nd, 2009, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergey @ USysWare
Sergey

Postby kneighbour » January 22nd, 2009, 5:27 am

Sergey wrote:Hi,

I don't wanna sound negative. I'm just being honest with you. I do appreciate you taking time to post your request. And don't hesitate to post again if you run into any issues with DPack and Prism integration. Thanks.

No problems - good answer!
Kerry Neighbour
kneighbour
Starting Member

Return to DPack Wish List