WPrinter Pro has a lot of useful features, helping you to streamline the
default printer change operation and aid in identifying the default printer.
Some of the Pro version features are:
- Ability to customize printer name, icon and shortcut for every printer
installed. The customized icon for the selected printer is shown in the system
tray (where the clock is). The customized printer name is used in printer's menu
as well as for the system tray tooltip (when you move the mouse over WPrinter's
icon). Customized shortcut is also shown in the printer's menu. Having custom
printer shortcuts allows you to quickly activate any printer without ever going
through the WPrinter's main menu.
- Ability to customize printer icons for group of printers such as local,
network and faxes. Icons from any application, library or icon files can be
- Ability to set the printer orientation and number of copies directly from
the menu without bringing up printing defaults dialog.
- Ability to designate one printer as a boot printer. Every time it loads,
WPrinter will make sure that Windows default printer is set to the boot printer.
- Ability to run a batch file, an application or an internal OS command based
on printer change event. That is done via configurable command lines. WPrinter
supports two types of command lines, one executed just before the default
printer looses its default status, and the other one executed right after new
printer receives its default status.
- Extensive printer offline capabilities, allowing you to bring one or all
printers either offline or online. There is also an option to check the default
printer online status.
- Ability to purge the default or all printers print jobs.
- Smart Queue feature. When engaged, WPrinter brings the default printer
online (printer has to be offline to begin with), waits until all print jobs
have been sent to the printer and then brings the printer back offline. This
feature allows you to stack up some print jobs, quickly connect and send them
all to the printer, and disconnect when done.
- Ability to set application keyboard shortcut, as well as shortcuts for
several printer actions. Those actions include Print Jobs, Printer Properties
and Printing Defaults. This feature is very useful for those users who prefer
quick keyboard key combinations over the mouse actions.
- Ability to quickly access Windows's Printers and Add Printers actions.
- Customizable printers menu and tooltip options.
- Full Windows schemes support.
- Full installation and uninstallation support.
Important Notice: Upgrading From Version 3.0
Users upgrading from version 3.0 should find all features in the latest
version 3.1 functioning the same exact way. The only known issue is that
version 3.0 registration information is incompatible with version 3.1.
As a result, registered users of version 3.0 will be greeted with a registration
reminder after upgrading to version 3.1. The workaround is very simple: just
re-enter your registration information after installing the new version 3.1.